- Investing in Bonds
Learn the basics of investing in bonds.
- Mortgage information from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Get answers to your mortgage questions from a Federal Government agency.
- Research Brokers and Investment Advisors
Tips on how to find information about individual brokers, firms and investment advisors.
- 401(k) Information
The Actuarial Foundation's most recent information about 401(k) Plans.
Get free, reliable financial information including tools like calculators, budget worksheets, and checklists.
- Retirement Calculator
AARP retirement calculator--are you saving enough?
- Social Security Benefit Calculator
Estimate your Social Security benefits.
- Mortgage Calculator
Estimate your mortgage payments including taxes and insurance.
- Buy vs. Rent Interactive Graph
Is it better to rent or buy a home?
Find What You're Looking For
Personal Finance & Tax
Central library provides state and federal tax forms during tax season.
Can't decide if you should file a 1040 or 1040-A? Want to know if your retirement fund is safe?
Whether you are a novice investor or a stock market expert, we have many resources to help with your Personal Finance and Tax questions.
In addition to a large collection of books, we provide free online access to Morningstar Investment Center and Tax and Investment ebooks from NOLO available anytime, anywhere with your Berkeley Public Library card.
- California Franchise Tax Board
California Franchise Tax Board's site, filled with tax forms, tax return information and payment options.
- Internal Revenue Service
The IRS site, complete with forms, refund status, online filing and payment options.
- Alameda County Property Taxes
Look up and pay your property taxes in Alameda County.
- How to Choose Tax Preparation Software
Consumer Reports suggestions for choosing the best tax prep software for you.
- Tax Return Extensions
Information on extensions of time to file tax returns can be found at this IRS website.
- How Income Taxes Work
Learn more about how the income tax functions.
- Free Tax Return Preparation
The IRS has two programs to assist military, low income and elderly tax filers with the preparation of returns.
- Tax Fraud Alerts
Learn about tax fraud and schemes from the IRS and help report suspected fraud activities.
- Affordable Care Act
- Learn about how the Affordable Care Act will impact your Federal Taxes for the 2014 tax year.
InfoGroup’s ReferenceUSA provides basic information on more than 24 million businesses and more than 262 million consumers in the US and Canada.
ReferenceUSA provides quality information to help you:
- Search for jobs, location, and industry
- Find new business opportunities
- Research executives & companies worldwide
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Locate out-of-town companies
- Profile a neighborhood, city or state
This video will show you more!
Buying a House
Getting a Green Card
Selling a House
Includes access to many full-text Nolo books!
Also, download and print free Federal and State legal forms.