Reserve A Computer
Computer Time Limits
- You can use up to 90 minutes a day of computer time at any of our five locations
Printing, Downloading and Saving
- Print wirelessly.
- Wireless printing instructions.
- We have black-and-white printers. Photocopying is currently unavailable.
- Cost for printing is 15¢ per page.
- Each computer has a TempSave drive (T:) for temporarily saving documents that are erased when you log out. This is the default location for all downloads. You can change the location to your own USB drive (recommended) Ask a staff person for help.
- Use our WiFi from your own laptop or mobile device. Connect to 'BPL-Wireless'.
- Get all the details here.
Computer Use Details
- Due to a reduced number of computers available to accommodate physical distancing, computer time is currently limited to one hour per day per user.
- Computers are available from opening until 15 minutes before closing.
- The Library does not provide headphones. If you wish to use headphones, please bring your own.
Home-use Laptop Lending (Chromebooks)
- Borrow a laptop and WiFi Hotspot to use at home for up to 4 weeks!
In-Library Laptop Lending (Windows 10)
- Checkout a Laptop for in-library use at all locations with a valid library card after reading the details and signing our Laptop Lending Agreement.
- Laptops only work on the Library’s wireless system.
- We have internet enabled computers for the sole use of children.
- We also have at least one educational game computer for children at each location.
- Children's computers require a valid child's library card to log on. They are not reservable.
- As with library materials, parents and/or legal guardians are responsible for any monitoring or restrictions to their child's internet use.
- To email from a library computer, you must use web-based email (such as gmail and yahoo).
- Please report equipment problems to library staff.
- It is illegal to physically or electronically modify computer equipment, or tamper with hardware or software (California Penal Code, Section 502 et. seq.)
- Deliberate misuse of the computer or its components will result in loss of computer privileges; repair costs will be the responsibility of the user.
- Violating another's right to privacy or harassing other users or library staff are prohibited, and will result in loss of computer use privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss or corruption of data or files resulting from use of public computers.