- You can make a computer reservation up to seven days ahead using our online reservation system or by calling (510) 981-6122.
- You will need your valid library card and your PIN (Last four digits of your phone number from your library account).
- We recommend that you make a reservation as our computers are very popular.
- If you can't make your reservation, cancel using our online reservation system or by calling (510) 981-6122. Three missed reservations (no-show) within seven days results in a week-long restriction of computer use from the first missed reservation.
- Use our WiFi from your own laptop or mobile device. Connect to 'BPL-Wireless' and use the password 'berkeley'.
- Get all the details here.
Computer Use Details
- You may use up to two hours of library computer time daily.
- To make a second reservation in a single day, the first session must be used and completed.
- Computers are available from opening until 15 minutes before closing.
- Headphones are available at all libraries, and are first come, first served.
Laptop/iPad Lending Program
- Checkout a Laptop/iPad for in-library use at all locations with a valid library card after reading the details and signing our Laptop/iPad Lending Agreement.
- Laptops/iPads only work on the Library’s wireless system.
- We have internet enabled computers for the sole use of children.
- We also have at least one educational game computer for children at each location.
- Children's computers require a valid child's library card to log on. They are not reservable.
- As with library materials, parents and/or legal guardians are responsible for any monitoring or restrictions to their child's internet use.
Printing and Downloading
- We have a for-fee printer/copier. Cost for printing is 15¢ per page, and copying is 25¢ per page.
- You may not print or copy using your own paper.
- You can not save directly to our computers, you will need to save your files to a USB flash drive or floppy disk.
- Print wirelessly now.
- Read our detailed instructions to print wirelessly.
- To email from a library computer, you must use web-based email (such as gmail and yahoo).
- Please report equipment problems to library staff.
- It is illegal to physically or electronically modify computer equipment, or tamper with hardware or software (California Penal Code, Section 502 et. seq.)
- Deliberate misuse of the computer or its components will result in loss of computer privileges; repair costs will be the responsibility of the user.
- Violating another's right to privacy or harassing other users or library staff are prohibited, and will result in loss of computer use privileges.
- The Library is not responsible for any loss or corruption of data or files resulting from use of public computers.