The Berkeley Public Library is administered by a Board of Library Trustees [BOLT], the only appointed administrative Board in the City. The Board consists of five Berkeley residents; one member of the Board must also be a member of the City Council.
Members of the Board are appointed for four year terms by the City Council as a whole.
Current Members are:
- Diane Davenport (term expires 05/15/2019*)
- Sophie Hahn (City Council liaison appointment expires 01/31/2019*)
- Judy J.Hunt (term expires 04/03/2021*)
- Amy Roth (term expires 01/03/2022)
- John Selawsky (term expires 05/16/2020*)
* = eligible for reappointment
The Board of Library Trustees meets regularly on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 P.M. Rescheduling sometimes occurs; call the Library Administrative office at 510-981-6195 to verify time and date. Meeting locations are subject to change. Please check the current agenda packet to confirm location and time. The packet is available at all Library location and online.
|BOLT Contact||Library Contact|
Contact Us (Library Administration)
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018 @6:30pm, Regular BOLT Meeting at Tarea Hall Pittman South Branch, 1901 Russell Street
- Friday, June 8, 2018 @10:15am, BOLT Bylaws Subcommittee Meeting at Central Library, 2090 Kittredge Street, Community Meeting Room
- Note: Beginning with the July 2010 meeting, the Berkeley Public Library will post audio of all BOLT meetings. The audio is available in .MP3 or .WMA formats (requires either the Microsoft Windows Media player (PC) or Microsoft Silverlight plugin (Mac OS X & PC) to play back.)
|05/03/2018||Bylaws Sub Committee Meeting||Agenda|
|03/01/2018||Bylaws Sub Committee Meeting|
For agenda and minutes of BOLT meetings prior to 2017, look for the archives on the right side of this web page.
For agendas and minutes of BOLT meetings prior to January 2007, contact Library Administration at 510-981-6195.
Board of Library Trustees Meeting Policy - The Board of Library Trustees (BOLT) Meeting Policy provides BOLT with rules to consistently and efficiently carry out the public comment process and to ensure that the meetings are run with a level of decorum that aids the Board of Library Trustees in carrying out its required business.
Please note: e-mail addresses, names, addresses, and other contact information are not required, but if included in any communication to a City board, commission or committee, will become part of the public record. If you do not want your e-mail address or any other contact information to be made public, you may deliver communications via U.S. Postal Service or in person to the secretary of the relevant board, commission or committee.
If you do not want your contact information included in the public record, please do not include that information in your communication. Please contact the secretary to the relevant board, commission or committee for further information. http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/commissions/)