Community resources: local organizations, agencies, services, non profits, clubs, in and around Berkeley.
Find What You're Looking For
Find a wealth of helpful resources including books, periodicals and databases related to nonprofit management.
We are a Funding Information Network partner of Candid, a leading authority on organized philanthropy, and provide free access to Foundation Directory Online, books, and online resources. You may contact Candid for real time support.
- Foundation Directory Online — Provides access to information on thousands of grantmakers and their giving interests. Available at the Central Library only.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online — Provides access to foundations and public charities that fund students, artists, researchers and other individual grantseekers. Available at the Central Library only.
- Foundation Guide to Proposal Writing — Audiobook includes detailed instructions on preparing grant proposals and insights into what makes for a winning proposal.
- Grantspace.org — Candid's nonprofit information portal provides helpful training and tools to both novice and expert users.
These groups help with specific needs or projects by placing experienced professionals with nonprofits. This may be fee-based or free; free consultants are usually volunteers or are grant-funded.
- Mary's List
Connects Northern California nonprofits and consultants
- Stanford Business School Alumni Consulting Team
Pro bono consulting
- Taproot Foundation
Connects nonprofits with pro bono support
- Techsoup: The Technology Place for Nonprofits
Access to discount and free technology
- The Berkeley Group
UC Berkeley students pro bono consulting
- Compass Point
Supporting nonprofit leadership
An association unifying California nonprofits
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
Network for young nonprofit leaders