To meet the challenge of an ever evolving environment to respond to how patrons perceive and use the Library in the 21st century, the Berkeley Public Library is bringing the Central Library more in line with the renovated branches to create public spaces that will meet all of our visitors needs now and into the future. Learn more about the History of the Central Library.
Information about improvements to the Central Library public areas.
- Project Update - June 2016
- 2009 Page & Moris Space Planning document
- 2014 Noll & Tam Central Library Area Improvements Report
- Berkeley Public Library Selects Noll & Tam Architects and Planners For Improvements to the Central Library Interior Public Spaces
- 2014 Central Library Interior Public Spaces Improvements FAQ
- 2014 Central Library Interior Public Spaces Improvments - April 16, 2014 Public Meeting Notes
- 2014 Central Library Interior Public Spaces Improvements - April 26, 2014 Community Meeting #2 Notes