Webpages & social media - is your news feed really news?
- Read the “About Us” tab on websites
- Discover who owns the website’s registered domain with WHOIS ICANN.
- Be aware of NATIVE ADVERTISING - it's designed to seamlessly blend with the site's feeds and style. Often you won't even realize you're clicking on an ad.
- Be on the lookout for these words and phrases, often very small and sometimes in light grey type: SPONSORED CONTENT, POWERED BY, SPONSORED LINKS, PARTNER OFFERS, ADS BY, PROMOTED LINKS, and others. They are ads.
- Spot a fake twitter account.
Reverse Image Searching
- Citizen Evidence Lab - how to perform a reverse image search