The Library offers the Central Library Community Room, Central Library Electronic Classroom and the Branch Library Community Rooms to local community groups, organizations and government agencies when not in use by Library programs and staff. Please carefully read through the Electronic Classroom Policy or Meeting Room Policy and submit an application form. Scroll down to the room you wish to use to download the application for that specific room.
Please keep in mind:
- Permission to use the Library’s Community Rooms or Electronic Classroom will be granted to Berkeley-based civic, cultural, educational organizations or businesses, or to locally-operating government agencies, departments or commissions. Organizations not located in Berkeley may be required to provide proof of regular operation or programs within Berkeley such as brochures, newsletters or website printouts.
- There is no charge for the community room, however there is a charge for the Electronic Classroom.
- Groups or individuals may only use the Community Room once per month.
- Community Rooms may only be used during the Library’s open hours and must be cleared 30 minutes prior to the Library’s closing time.
- Meetings must be open to the general public.
- No items or services may be sold or advertised nor may the meeting sponsor charge a fee or ask for donations to attend.
- Applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications must be submitted at least two weeks in advance but not more than 12 weeks in advance of your event. A separate application is required for each event.
- We are unable to hold a reservation without a completely filled out, signed and dated application.
- Please note that the Library does not provide publicity for non-library-sponsored events. Your event may be posted on an internal calendar for staff use only.
Information available for download:
You can find more information about specific meeting rooms including the meeting room application by clicking on the meeting room links below: