SPIDERAMA! Spiders in Your Neighborhood
How do spiders help us? How do they help our community? Our world?
START HERE to answer these questions and embark on your own family spider experience for our kickoff BOOK FUN program this October and November!
Watch a recording of Spiderama! Live, held on Saturday, October 24 from 2:30 to 3:30, in which Ranger Anthony Fisher of the Tilden Environmental Education Center and Patrick Stadille, author of Spiders in Your Neighborhood (Heyday Books, 2013), each talked about our friendly neighborhood spiders.
Our book and media list will take you to books, ebooks, audiobooks, music, and more to help you learn about our 8-legged friends. Check them out or stream them today!
Watch these amazing videos about spiders:
- Don’t be afraid of spiders (SciShow Kids)
- Spiders for kids (Wizz)
- How spiders make webs (Howitworksmag)
- Is a spider’s web a part of its mind? (Deep Look)
- Native California Tarantula (BayNature.org)
- Turret Spiders launch sneak attacks from tiny towers (Deep Look, KQED SF)
- Adorable daring jumping spider (Hyland Nature)
- Amazing spider baffles scientists with huge web (The Hunt, BBC)
- Spider with three superpowers (The Hunt, BBC)
- Spider web fishing in the South Pacific Islands (BBC two)
Identify spider webs around your home and neighborhood. Find a one-page web field guide to spider webs on the Bay Nature website
Watch these videos that will teach you how to make a model spider or draw your own spider.
Download and color your window poster and let everyone know that you are a friend to spiders too. Color a tarantula! Color an orb-weaving spider!
Here are some more great resources:
View our online calendar to see all all programs and look for up-to-date information.