- Enjoy unlimited access to all articles from any Berkeley Public Library location, including on your own device using the library's wifi network.
- For unlimited access within the Library, you must sign up for a free account on NYTimes.com, using a valid email address. Click Register Now to sign up and create an account with your personal email address, otherwise, log in if you already have a NY Times account.
- If you are outside the library, click here to find a code you can redeem for 72 hour access. For 72 hours of free access from home, you must sign up for a free account on NYTimes.com, using a valid email address. Click Register Now In to sign up and create an account with your personal email address, or log in if you already have a NY Times account.
Find What You're Looking For
News & Information
Find answers to all of your questions here with these curated information sources.
Access to magazines, journals, newspapers and media.
Features peer-reviewed full-text scholarly content across the academic disciplines. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text, Academic OneFile is both authoritative and comprehensive, a terrific first-stop for research.
Includes full-text New York Times back to 1995.
ReferenceUSA provides basic information on more than 24 million businesses and more than 262 million consumers in the US and Canada.
- Search for jobs, location, and industry
- Find new business opportunities
- Research executives & companies worldwide
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Locate out-of-town companies
- Profile a neighborhood, city or state
This video will show you more!
Interested in a famous person? Research more than 525,000 people from the past and present here.
Find Images, audio files, excerpts from primary sources such as newpapers and speeches, links to websites, and other resources here.
Use this online version of the Encyclopaedia Britannica to conduct research and work on special projects. You can even store your research in your own personal My Britannica account.
Start with the encyclopedia and then move on to current magazines, recommended Web sites, an atlas, biographies, news, and more.
Watch this video to learn more about Britannica.
Full-text access to Oakland Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, Berkeley Voice, San Jose Mercury News, and West County Times, and hundreds of newspapers throughout the U.S. Also features Hot Topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people. Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos
An authoritative guide to the English Language, featuring the meaning, history, usage, and pronunciation of words. The online version of the Oxford English Dictionary contains the complete text of the 20-volume 2nd edition and all work to date on the 3rd edition including regular updates and revisions. Research over 1000 years of English through entries for 600,000 words.
A large collection of ebooks and digital audiobooks available to download or stream. Download the app, then listen or read on your computer, e-reader, smart phone, Kindle or tablet. You will need to create a login and password using your email Check out this page for support. OverDrive is not available at library catalog only machines.
The free Libby app from Overdrive is the easiest way for many readers to get started with Overdrive.
Note: OverDrive for Mac is available for macOS versions 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through 10.14 (Mojave). The Overdrive for Mac App will not be supported on MacOS Catalina (version 10.15) and above. Read about how to use Overdrive on MacOs Catalina here.
Buying a House
Getting a Green Card
Selling a House
Includes access to many full-text Nolo books!
Also, download and print free Federal and State legal forms.
Hit the road with your new driver's license! After you pass your test, of course...
- 11 car practice tests
- 6 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
Use your library card to access full-color digital popular magazines. Issues include the same material you get in print; some have enhanced content. Read online or download to your computer or mobile device. Download the RBdigital mobile app to your computer or mobile device. You will need to create a login and password using your email.
RBdigital is not available at catalog only computers.