- Enjoy unlimited access to all articles from any Berkeley Public Library location, including on your own device using the library's wifi network.
- If you are outside the library, click here to find a code you can redeem for 72 hour access.
- For either onsite or offsite access, you need to sign up for a free account on NYTimes.com, using a valid email address. Click Log In to sign up and create an account with your personal email address, or log in if you already have created an account.
Find What You're Looking For
News & Information
Find answers to all of your questions here with these curated information sources.
Access to magazines, journals, newspapers and media.
Features peer-reviewed full-text scholarly content across the academic disciplines. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text, Academic OneFile is both authoritative and comprehensive, a terrific first-stop for research.
Includes full-text New York Times back to 1995.
InfoGroup’s ReferenceUSA provides basic information on more than 24 million businesses and more than 262 million consumers in the US and Canada.
ReferenceUSA provides quality information to help you:
- Search for jobs, location, and industry
- Find new business opportunities
- Research executives & companies worldwide
- Track down addresses and phone numbers
- Locate out-of-town companies
- Profile a neighborhood, city or state
This video will show you more!
Interested in a famous person? Research more than 525,000 people from the past and present here.
Find Images, audio files, excerpts from primary sources such as newpapers and speeches, links to websites, and other resources here.
Use this online version of the Encyclopaedia Britannica to conduct research and work on special projects. You can even store your research in your own personal My Britannica account.
Start with the encyclopedia and then move on to current magazines, recommended Web sites, an atlas, biographies, news, and more.
Watch this video to learn more about Britannica.
With unmatched U.S. news content from local, regional, and national sources, this resource is the largest of its kind. Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos. Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
Find full-text access to Oakland Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, Berkeley Voice, San Jose Mercury News, and West County Times, and hundreds of newspapers throughout the U.S.
The online version of the Oxford English Dictionary contains the complete text of the 20-volume 2nd edition and all work to date on the 3rd edition including regular updates and revisions.
Research over 1000 years of English through entries for 600,000 words that include etymology, definition, date of origination, pronunciation, quotations and cross-references.
Buying a House
Getting a Green Card
Selling a House
Includes access to many full-text Nolo books!
Also, download and print free Federal and State legal forms.
Hit the road with your new driver's license! After you pass your test, of course...
- 11 car practice tests
- 6 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines. Issues include the exact same material you get in print‚ and some have enhanced content. Read online or download to your computer or mobile device.
Download the RBdigital mobile app to your computer or mobile device. Learn all about it!
Berkeley Public Library card holders will create a login and password using your email. This same login and password provides access to IndieFlix, our streaming film service.
RBdigital is not available at catalog only computers.