Lawyers in the Library, tennant and landlords. Affordable Care Act, Consumer Credit / Financial Goals

Financial Assistance with the Homeless Action Center

Is Money a Problem? Do you need to find FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?

The Homeless Action Center (HAC) will be at the Central Library to help you apply for:

General Assistance (GA) - CalFresh (food stamps) - Medi-Cal, and more.

HAC Reps will also discuss your eligibility and their referral process for receiving: 

State Supplemental Income (SSI) & Social Security Disability Insurance. 11 am - 1 pm, 2nd floor

Export to Calendar: Add this event to your calendar (iCal).

Lawyers in the Library @Central

Can you use free legal advice? The Lawyers in the Library (LiL) program at the Central Library begins June 13, from 6:00–7:30 pm and repeats the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Sign up at the 2nd floor Reference Desk, in person only, beginning at 5:00 pm. Names will be drawn by lottery at 6:00 pm. No telephone sign-ups. The lawyer sees up to 7 people for about 10-15 minutes each.

Export to Calendar: Add this event to your calendar (iCal).

Free Tax Help @THP South

Come get free help with filing your taxes provided by volunteers from the AARP.  There will be appointments each Friday at 10:30am, 11:45am, 1:00pm, and 2:15pm from February 10th until April 14th. Walk-in slots may be available on a "first-come-for-first-served" basis should someone not show up for their appointed time. To reserve a slot call the information desk at the Tarea Hall Pittman South Branch during open hours at 510-981-6260.

Export to Calendar: Add this event to your calendar (iCal).

Document Clinic for Trans/Enby Folks @South

If you are a Trans or non-binary person who is interested in having their gender updated on their official documentation before the end of the year, come to this free clinic!


Christina Ann-Marie DiEdoardo, Esq., a criminal defense attorney and Trans woman who has spent the last eleven years assisting Trans people with their identity documents, has prepared a packet of the paperwork you will need to update your gender designation within Alameda County, with the California DMV, and on your passport.


Export to Calendar: Add this event to your calendar (iCal).