All scheduled dates:
- October 2, 2023 - 3:00pm-5:00pm (ended)
- November 6, 2023 - 3:00pm-5:00pm (ended)
- December 4, 2023 - 3:00pm-5:00pm (ended)
- February 5, 2024 - 3:00pm-5:00pm
- March 4, 2024 - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Have questions about benefits? Need support with public assistance programs? Come to the Library to meet one-to-one with Berkeley’s Homeless Action Center (HAC) Benefits Outreach Attorney. The attorney is here to help you with some of the following and possibly more:
• Applying for Benefits (Submitting applications for General Assistance, Food Stamps, Calworks, Medi-Cal.
• Provide information about how to get represented for SSI/SSDI, and Cash Aid Program for Immigrants.
• Obtaining Identity documents (ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card). HAC can provide free ID vouchers for people who are homeless, or reduced fee vouchers for people eligible for Medi-Cal or food stamps. For birth certificates, the attorney will need to set up an appointment with HAC’s notary to complete the documents.
• Getting referrals for resources that are beyond HAC’s scope (Housing, Immigration, Eviction, Emergency Resources, Recovery, Medical Services, Personal Injury, Criminal Issues, etc).
Call the Library, in advance, to make a 30-minute appointment or walk-in and add your name to the waitlist on that day.
Call 510-981-6240 for appointment assistance today.
(Services will take place on the 1st floor near the main entrance)