Some key benefits of our new system
- Improved search results for all our collections. You’ve asked for improvements and we’ve listened. Our collections and easy access to them are our top priorities.
- Innovative account management features such as:
- Text messages for hold and due date notifications
- Email notification when your library card is about to expire
- Using your smartphone as your library card
- Expanded options for managing your holds
- Other user experience improvements including:
- Ability to submit purchase suggestions easily and, if ordered, the Library places a hold for you and notifies you when your title is ready for pickup
- An option to choose an email versus a paper receipt at checkout
- Ability to write reviews within the catalog and the inclusion of professional reviews from such magazines as Booklist, School Library Journal, Library journal, Publishers Weekly, and others as well.
What you need to know
- We are here to help! In May and June our staff is receiving robust training. We are here to help you take advantage of all the new catalog will offer.
- Link+ will be unavailable while the Library makes these improvements. Unfortunately all other libraries making this transition have also experienced this temporary pause in Link+ service. We apologize for the inconvenience. Starting on May 31, the Link+ catalog will not be available to BPL card holders for new reservations. Renewals for Link+ materials will not be possible during this time. Please return all Link+ items by their due date.
- Do you have a library card for Alameda County Library or for other nearby libraries like Oakland or San Francisco? You can use Link+ through a variety of systems during BPL's temporary suspension of Link+ service. Click here for the list of Link+ Member Libraries.
We are committed to constantly improving your patron user experience and this new online catalog is one way we are honoring that commitment. We are also committed to providing our staff with the tools to better serve our patrons and on the “back end” there will be enhancements for them as well. We know change is not always easy or convenient, no matter how beneficial the change may be. We will continue to update you of our progress throughout the transition.
If you have any questions please connect with library staff in person or click here to contact us.
Thank you for your support during this exciting time!