What happens at Book Club meetings?
At the October meeting, we vote on the books that we will read during the coming year. At the end of the hour, you will receive your own copy to keep of the book that we will be discussing the following month.
At the rest of our meetings, we'll have a fun discussion of the book that we have read, and snacks to enjoy while talking. Towards the end of the hour, there will be an activity of some kind that is related to the book: a game, a craft, or a challenge!
At one of our meetings in the spring, there will be a Skype visit with the author of the book we are reading -- for Book Club members only!
- The Kid Who Ran for President - Dan Gutman
- Lost and Found - Andrew Clements
- A Dog's Way Home - Bobbie Pyron
- Boom (or 70,000 light years) - Mark Haddon
- One Day and One Amazing Morning on Orange Street - Joanne Rocklin
At our Book Club meeting, members met author Joanne Rocklin via Skype.
- Out of My Mind - Sharon M. Draper
- Archer's Quest - Linda Sue Park
- We Can't All be Rattlesnakes - Patrick Jennings
- The Five Lives of Our Cat Zook - Joanne Rocklin
- The House with a Clock in Its Walls - John Bellaires
- A Single Shard - Linda Sue Park
- Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook - Mary Amato