Tech Week at Berkeley Public Library: March 2 – March 10
As part of our ongoing Cornerstones: STEM at Berkeley Public Library initiative, we are pleased to present Tech Week, a weeklong slate of exciting STEM programming for the whole family. With a mixture of hands-on workshops, educational lectures, exploratory experiences, and simple family fun, Tech Week offers great opportunities for all of members of the community to learn about the technology shaping our world. All Berkeley Public Library events are free and open to all.
Featured Tech Week events include:
- FixIt Clinic, Saturday March 2nd, 1:00pm - 4:00pm at THP South Branch
- Bring your damaged items and our crack team of fixers will teach you how to get them running again!
- Teen Soldering Workshop, Tuesday March 5th, 3:30pm - 5:00pm at North Branch
- Learn basic electronic skills in a hands-on workshop!
- Inventing Tomorrow, Wednesday March 6th, 2:30pm - 4:30pm at Claremont Branch
- See a presentation from Cal NERDS and watch an inspiring documentary about teens making a difference with STEM! Pizza provided, while it lasts.
- STEM Film: "Searching," Wednesday March 6th, 5:30pm - 7:30 pm at Claremont Branch
- See the 2018 techno thriller about a father searching for his missing daughter told entirely through his computer!
- Author Keith A. Spencer, Wednesday March 6th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm at North Branch
- Presenting his book A People's History of Silicon Valley: How the Tech Industry Exploits Workers, Erodes Privacy and Undermines Democracy .
- Virtual Reality for All Ages, Thursday March 7th, 5:30pm - 7:00pm at West Branch
- Tour the International Space Station and travel to the bottom of the ocean with our Vive VR system.
- Code Your Own Star Wars Game, Friday March 8th, 3:30pm - 5:00pm at Central Children's
- Learn to code with Blockly and control BB-8! Ages 6-10, registration required.
- Cal Rocket Club Program, Friday March 8th, 4:30pm - 5:30pm at West Branch
- Showing off their model rockets and teaching teens how to make the ultimate paper airplanes.
- Mini Maker Faire, Saturday March 9th, 1:00pm - 4:00pm in the Central Commons
- Meet local tech companies and Bay Area innovators presenting hands-on activities!
- Family Film: Big Hero 6, Saturday March 9th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm at North Branch
- Bring the whole family for this STEM-y film and enjoy science crafts while you watch!
In addition, our regular Children’s Story Times during Tech Week will feature STEM themes!
For more information on these and other Berkeley Public Library events, check out our website at www.berkeleypubliclibrary.org, call the Central Library at 510-981-6100, or ask the staff at your local branch!