During the month of March, Berkeley Public Library celebrates reading with young children. Parents, guardians, and caregivers of newborns through preschoolers are invited to fill out a game board and talk, sing, read and play with their young ones!
Download and print our game board. Play the game at your convenience. Bring it back to Berkeley Public Library by March 31, 2014 and get a prize.
- Read with Me is designed for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. Children entering first grade or higher in the fall are invited to join us for our 2014 Summer Reading Game, Paws to Read. It starts June 18!
- Prizes are while supplies last. One prize per child only.
Did you know? You are helping your child get ready to read with these simple activities:
- Talking: when you talk, your children learn new words and what they mean.
- Singing: when you sing, the words come out slower. This helps children to hear the different sounds that make up language.
- Reading: reading together develops an interest in books and shows children books are important.
- Playing: when children make up stories, they understand the structure of stories and narrative.