The only constant in life is change. When we lose or leave our jobs, a relationship ends, our health suffers, or other major life change occurs, we often enter a period of darkness and pain. At this event, participants will learn specific tools to make the most of their transition, including staying in a positive mind frame and taking active steps to create an even better situation than before.
This event is for:
• Anyone who would like to make a change in their work/retirement activities, relationships, health, or where they live
• Those who are currently in transition
Lessons you’ll learn include:
• Accepting and embracing change
• Recognizing and learning from “Sacred Contracts”
• Learning when to keep the faith and carry on, and when to get off a dead horse and change course
• Knowing which of the voices in your head to trust
• Key strategies and tools to successfully navigate 8 discrete stages of change, from initial shock to your deepest despair to living your better, brighter life
About the presenter:
Laurie Gardner is a local Berkeley author, speaker, and personal growth and leadership coach. While fasting in the desert on a vision quest, Laurie unexpectedly wrote a book; it came pouring out into her leather diary. Filled with adventure stories, life lessons, and a good dose of humor, The Road to Shine is an inspiring true story and practical guide to courageously claiming your life.
~Sponsored by the Friends of the Berkeley Public Library~