Come learn how to use Foundation Directory Online (FDO), the most comprehensive prospect research tool for fundraisers, with over 140,000 grantmaker profiles.
You will learn how to search for grantmakers who have funded organizations working on causes and with communities similar to those you serve.
NOTE: This class is for nonprofit organizations looking for funding. It is not geared to individuals seeking grants. We recommend you take our free one-hour course, Introduction to Finding Grants, before attending.
Outcomes: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain what FDO is;
- Identify your needs in preparation for searching for potential grantmakers in FDO;
- Research potential grantmakers using a project-based search in FDO;
- Evaluate prospects for strong or weak fit using FDO;
- Identify the options for accessing FDO;
- Access resources for getting help with FDO.
Intended Audience: All levels of experience
Prerequisite: follow this link.