Extended Services for
Library Users with Disabilities
- Extension of borrowing periods of all library materials for twice the regular check out period. Library users with Extended Services may not renew items that are not renewable.
- Use of adaptive computers in the Library for a total of 14 hours per week, up to 2 hours per day. There are accessible computers at the Central Library. You must be registered as an Extended Services patron to use the adaptive computers. Other computers are available for one-hour per usage.
Applying for Extended Services
- Fill out an Application for Extended Services for Library Patrons with Disabilities.
- Return, or have your proxy return, the completed application to any circulation desk at any library location.
- Extended services are available at the Central Library and at all branches of the Berkeley Public Library.
- The application process is confidential and the type of disability will NOT be placed in the library database.
- The person(s) you authorize to be proxies must have their personal identification, an authorizing letter from you, and your picture identification with them when they apply for your card.
- Proxies must have their personal identification, an authorizing letter from you, and your library card with them when they check out materials for you.
- Under the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), disability means, with respect to an individual, a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more life activities of that individual.
- To become an Extended Services patron at the Berkeley Public Library, verification of disability is required. Verifications include: a disabled parking placard with the registration for that placard, a disabled transit pass such as the East Bay Paratransit Certification, a letter on an official letterhead from a doctor, social worker, registered nurse, psychologist, or learning disabilities, rehabilitation, or special education teacher.
- If verification is not for a permanent disability, verification will be required for renewal of Extended Services at the time of library card renewal.
available to library users - with or without Extended Services
- Patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing and patrons with speech disabilities may call the Reference Service TTY with questions about library holdings or library services, or with reference questions. The TTY number is 510-548-1240. There is a public use TTY just inside the entrance to Central.
- Patrons may also call the California Relay Service. Dial 711 or 1-877-735-2929 TTY to reach any reference desk, the information desk, or any circulation desk at any library location.
- Central Library Reference desk has accessibility devices for in-library use to assist patrons in using computers and reading materials – list available at the Reference desk.
- An OPTELEC Text Enlarger/Viewer (CCTV) for readers with low vision is available at the Central Library. You will find it at the west end of the reference room, near the 2nd floor lobby.
For more information