Library Cards and Borrowing Materials
How Can A Child Get a Library Card?
- Children of any age may get a library card.
- The child must come in person to the library in order to receive a card and have a completed library application form.
- Library card application forms for children age 0-13 years old must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Please note that the adult who signs this form must be someone who is legally responsible for the child; for example, daytime caregivers or visiting grandparents are not eligible.
- Library card application forms are available at the library or may be downloaded (see link below).
- Download a Library Card Application Form
- My Library Account
Books and music can be borrowed for three weeks; items may be renewed by phone or online using "My Library Account".
There are no fines for children's materials (books, music, DVDs, videos, etc.) that are overdue. However, if materials are not returned, a replacement fee will be charged for those items.
You may see what books your child has checked out and when items are due by looking in "My Library Account". Your child's library card is needed to access your child's account.